Certified Agile Service Manager Course
This sixteen (16) hour course provides an introduction to Agile Service Management - the application and integration of agile thinking into service management processes and process design projects. Agile thinking improves IT’s effectiveness and efficiency and enables IT to continue to deliver value in the face of changing requirements. This class also includes experiential exercises.
Class culminates with an independent certification exam. Successfully passing (65%) the 60 minute exam, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the Certified Agile Service Manager Certificate.
A Certified Agile Service Manager (CASM) is the operational equivalent of a Certified Scrum Master (CSM). Working together, ScrumMasters and Agile Service Managers can instill agile thinking into the entire IT organization as the basis of a DevOps culture.
The learning objectives for CASM include an understanding of:
- What is means to “be agile”
- The Agile Manifesto, its core values and principles
- Agile concepts and practices including ITSM, Kanban, Lean and DevOps
- Scrum roles, artifacts and events as it applies to both products and processes
- The two aspects of Agile Service Management
- Agile Process Improvement – ensuring processes are lean and deliver “just enough” control
- Agile Process Design – applying Agile practices to process design projects
Course / Student Materials
- Sixteen (16) hours of instructor led training and exercise facilitation
- The Agile Service Management Guide and the Scrum Guide (pre-class resources)
- Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Participation in unique assignments designed to apply concepts
- Learner Personal Action Plan
- Study aids, sample exams and exam preparation
- CASM exam