This sixteen (16) hour course describes process owner responsibilities and provides the education needed to oversee the design, reengineering and improvement of IT Service Management (ITSM) processes; particularly in the context of Agile Service Management. Participants learn how to use Agile and Lean principles and practices to put in place ‘just enough’ process and how to continually align process performance with overall business goals.
Class culminates with an independent certification exam. Successfully passing (65%) the 60 minute exam, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the Certified Agile Process Owner Certificate.
A Certified Agile Process Owner (CAPO) is the operational equivalent of a Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO). Working together, Process and Product Owners alongside ScrumMasters and Agile Service Managers can instil agile thinking into the entire IT organization as the basis of a DevOps culture.
The learning objectives for CAPO include an understanding of:
- Basic Agile and Agile Service Management concepts
- Process owner role and responsibilities
- Managing and prioritizing a process backlog
- Creating and utilizing user stories
- Collaborating with process stakeholders and other process owners
- Overseeing Agile process design and improvement activities
- Managing organizational change activities
- Monitoring and measuring process performance
- Conducting process reviews and identifying improvements
- Sixteen (16) hours of instructor-led training and exercise facilitation
- The Agile Service Management Guide and Scrum Guide (pre-class resources)
- Digital Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Participation in unique hands-on exercises designed to apply concepts
- Sample documents, templates, tools and techniques
- Access to additional sources of information and communities