Ranger4 is delighted to announce a new partnership with CloudBees allowing us to provide our customers with access to the Jenkins Enterprise by CloudBees solution and support services. This hugely popular open source build platform is used by many of our customers today - and those who don't probably soon will. This extends our Optimising DevOps toolchain capabilities even further.
CloudBees offers continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) solutions that accelerate software delivery. Powered by Jenkins CI, the world's most popular open source CI server, the CloudBees Continuous Delivery Platform provides a wide range of Jenkins-based CI/CD solutions. CloudBees solutions can be used on-premise and/or in the cloud to meet the unique security, scalability and manageability needs of enterprises.
This is Jenkins Enterprise
Jenkins Enterprise by CloudBees helps development teams optimize and secure their Jenkins CI environment. This powerful subscription package combines professional support with enterprise-level plugins to help you eliminate downtime and manage Jenkins more effectively. Jenkins Enterprise by CloudBees includes:
- Unlimited OSS Jenkins support from top Jenkins experts, including Jenkins creator and community leader Kohsuke Kawaguchi
- Unlimited support for all open source community plugins - currently more than 850
- Guaranteed response time
- Powerful plugins from CloudBees that bring enterprise robustness to every Jenkins environment - see more
What are the guaranteed response times?
CloudBees offers two levels of support for Jenkins Enterprise by CloudBees: Gold and Platinum:
- Gold support guarantees a response within 4 hours, during business hours
- Platinum support guarantees a response within 4 hours, 24x7
What are the Enterprise Plugins?
There are four categories of plugins to address core challenges typically found in enterprise Jenkins implementations:
- High Availability
Eliminate downtime due to Jenkins master failures
- Large Implementations
This group of features helps administrators manage large numbers of Jenkins jobs, projects and teams.
These plugins help administrators secure their projects and/or installations.
- Optimized Utilization
With these plugins, Jenkins administrators can make better use of existing resources, greatly improving build times and reducing costs.
All Jenkins Enterprise by CloudBees plugins can be used on any Long Term Support (LTS) release, Jenkins open source trunk or the CloudBees Platform. Jenkins Enterprise by CloudBees plugins can be used with any version of Jenkins.
What are people saying about Jenkins Enterprise?
"By itself, the simplified user management made possible by the Folders and Role-based Access Control plugins justified the cost of Jenkins Enterprise by CloudBees. When combined with the responsive, expert support we get from CloudBees, the ROI has far exceeded our expectations."
- User management activities cut from hours to minutes. "Adding a user to a typical project with 120 jobs used to take about four hours," says Witonski. "With the Role-based Access Control and Folders plugins, it now takes less than a minute. Plus, we've ensured that our developers around the world have the right level of access to just the jobs they are working on."
- Jenkins issues resolved quickly. "When we encounter a problem with Jenkins, instead of wasting time trying to find an answer ourselves, we open a ticket and redirect our efforts to other goals that we need to accomplish," says Witonski. "We get a rapid response every time, saving us hours of research and trial-and-error hacks. We're more productive as a result, and we've mitigated the risk of something going seriously wrong with no way to resolve it."
- Thousands of dollars saved. "Before we began using the Role-based Access Control and Folders plugins, we estimated that they would save us about $4,000 per quarter in reduced user management effort," notes Witonski. "Now that we're using them, we found that the savings have been considerably more than that initial estimate."
Brenton Witonski, Release Engineer Lead