It's the Ranger4 #DevOpsFriday5 series - today's contributor is Mario Lucero. Take it away Mario!
1) What’s your preferred definition of DevOps?
Participating together in the entire service lifecycle, from design through the development process to production support.
2) When people ‘do’ DevOps, what’s the most common mistake you see them make?
People (or companies) believe that DevOps is the silver bullet to reduce their technical debt.
Obviously DevOps can figure it out.
3) How do you recommend an organisation new to DevOps start?
Organisations should reduce their technical debt (refactoring their code, increasing the coverage of unit test, make release very often and working with TDD) before starting DevOps
4) What’s your prediction for what DevOps will look like in 2020?
In 2020 DevOps will be part of the standard of good development in the majority of Agile companies.
5) Where do you like to go to get a DevOps hit?
I talk to colleaguesAbout Mario:
I am all about helping companies adopt agile as methodology in Chile. I have been into Agile/Scrum coaching since 2011, played the role of Scrum Master for over 2 yrs, while practicing it over 3 years. My work involved collaboration among cross-functional teams of product management, engineering, usability and QA/testing.Follow Mario:
Do you have something you'd like to say about DevOps? If you would like to be featured on #DevOpsFriday5 click the button below.