It's the Ranger4 #DevOpsFriday5 series - today we will hear from Anko Tijman. Take it away Anko!
1) What’s your preferred definition of DevOps?
An organisational change towards a synergetic approach where Dev's and Ops collaborate with the business on joint goals.
2) When people ‘do’ DevOps, what’s the most common mistake you see them make?
Focussing on either only the tooling or Continuous Delivery.
3) How do you recommend an organisation new to DevOps start?
By doing some continous delivery and acknowledging DevOps is an organisational change and setting it up as a change program.
4) What’s your prediction for what DevOps will look like in 2020?
Finally, IT has been thoroughly automated, Dev and Ops are completely integrated and streamlined with rapidly changing business lines. Yeahoo! :)
5) Where do you like to go to get a DevOps hit?
Anko Tijman is an Agile and DevOps coach, trainer, facilitator and blogger. He started his career as software tester, was the first Agile tester in the Netherlands and is currently focussing on coaching Agile and DevOps teams in establishing valuable results through collaboration. He is also a licensed facilitator for the Agile management training 'Management 3.0'.
Do you have something you'd like to say about DevOps? If you would like to be featured on #DevOpsFriday5 click the button below.